Sunday, September 18, 2011

Exploring Part 1: Glacier National Park

I actually went to Glacier a long time ago but I'm just now uploading the pictures which means I'm just now writing about it. So far, half the time I travel out to meet up with people I somehow miss them. I get lost or we both loose cell reception or some other dilemma arises to keep me alone. I don't mind being alone. Of course it would be nice to spend time with new VISTA friends but being alone in the beautiful outdoors under the wide open skies of Montana has its perks.
The first of these social-turned-secluded outings was my adventure to Glacier. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the trip:
Welcome to the park!
A view of some of the mountains.

I started getting hungry and found this little place right outside the park. I was the only person there so I got a LOT of attention from the very sweet couple who owned it. After an hour of getting to know my new friends, I was on the trail again. 

Yes, I was driving. Yes, I was driving slowly. Yes, I was hanging my arm outside the window holding the camera.

Ethel soaking up some sun.

This might be my favorite picture of the day. I think it captures the mood I found myself in at the park.

Eventually, I caught up with the other VISTAs and had a very nice weekend in northern Montana. There were no swings or slides like the parks I'm most familiar with but I have the feeling my memories will be just as fond.

God created this!

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing, Sheila. Love you.

    ReplyDelete